Impure, acne-sensitive skin
Acne-prone skin is one of the most complicated skin types, as many factors need to be taken into account. Skin care products alone rarely help to get a balanced and appearance-free skin.
Please note that we can only provide an insight into the complex causal relationships here and recommend a supportive holistic skin care regimen that is geared towards acne-prone skin types. If you suffer from you have an acute acne outbreak or chronic acne, and your skin condition is inflamed and painful. please be sure to see a dermatologist or a specialist in endocrinology (specialist in hormones).
Blemished skin that is prone to acne shows blemishes such as moderate blackheads, pimples and pustules. If you regularly find such blemishes on your face, décolleté or back, and you feel that you are missing some crucial tips for improvement or prevention, then it may make sense to familiarize yourself with the following content.
It is true that blemishes can be associated with a variety of causes. However, the key to preventing and regulating acne-prone skin is to take a holistic approach. It is possible to become more balanced and less prone to acne overall through a mindful lifestyle.
What are the typical signs of blemished skin prone to acne?
Here we are talking about acne prone skin. The skin picture of an inflammatory and pronounced form of acne definitely belongs in the hands of a specialist.
The typical signs of blemished skin, usually appear in two forms : as inflammatory and as non-inflammatory symptoms.
Inflammatory forms are manifested by the following symptoms, among others:
Pustules are a type of blister that are filled with pus and are very painful. They are also called pus pimples or inflamed pimples. Visually, a small red bump forms in the center of a small pus blister. The difference with a whitehead (open blackhead), is that a pustule is inflamed and full of pus, and a whitehead is "just" a clogged hair follicle. Pustules usually appear when one suffers from "common" acne.
Squeezing pustules by yourself is absolutely not recommended, as the inflammation may worsen. Please be sure to consult a doctor (dermatologist).
A papule is an "underground" pimple that looks more like a small bump, and is reddish and slightly swollen due to inflammation. Papules are also called encapsulated pimples and do not contain pus, but are still very painful. Papules often do not come to the surface, but heal on their own over a long period of time. They can also form a type of tissue lump that causes a small elevation of the skin in the long term. These are also called nodules and are long-term consequences of papules. Most often, they are nodules of varying sizes that no longer present redness, but are more palpable than visible.
Under no circumstances should you attempt to squeeze a papule or nodule, as there is no "conduit" to the skin surface. Attempting to squeeze a papule can cause severe inflammation of the papule and also the surrounding tissue. Please be sure to consult a physician (dermatologist).
Cysts are larger, reddened pimples filled with pus. The infection penetrates deeper into the skin, causing pain and often leaving permanent scars. They are caused by clogged pores and hair follicles, usually caused by the accumulation of sebum and dead skin cells. Inflammation develops and consequently a painful cyst may form. Cysts also absolutely belong in the hands of a dermatologist and should not be squeezed out yourself.
The non-inflammatory form is manifested by the following symptoms, among others:
1. whiteheads (closed blackheads)
Are also called comedones. They form when a clogged follicle, caused by the accumulation of sebum and dead skin cells, remains closed under the skin surface.
2. Blackheads (offene Mitesser)
Arises similar to open blackheads. However, this clogged follicle opens on the surface of the skin, which leads to oxidation and gives rise to the black color.
If you suffer from inflammatory symptoms, you should consult a dermatologist, as already mentioned several times. For non-inflammatory forms, you can achieve relief and significant improvement with gentle and regulating skin care and a holistic lifestyle.
In any case, one very important factor can quickly help you take the first step in the right direction, both physically and mentally. Learn to meditate.
It has been scientifically proven that regular meditation lowers inflammation levels in the body. This is essential to initiate a healing process. The reduced release of the "inflammatory hormones" adrenaline and cortisol due to relaxation helps to break out of the vicious circle of ever new inflammations, breakouts or relapses.
Meditation can easily be integrated into your holistic treatment of blemished and acne-prone skin. Read our article " Meditation as part of a wholehit well-being routine ".
Causes of impurities
There are several factors that lead to the appearance of the typical acne-like symptoms.
The reason for the excessive production of sebum, inflammatory processes and the tendency to impurities, can have different causes, including:
- Hormonal factor: Puberty, pregnancy, menopause or taking contraceptives can lead to the appearance of blackheads and other types of acne.
- Dietary factor: Sugar and (trans) fats promote hormone production. Therefore, their consumption can trigger the appearance of blackheads.
- Lifestyle factors: Stress, a generally unhealthy diet and lack of hydration (not drinking enough).
- Wrong choice of cosmetic products: The skin type determines the choice of appropriate cosmetics. Using the wrong product can clog your pores and cause the typical symptoms (blackheads, pimples, etc.).
- Inadequate hygiene: An incomplete cleansing routine and a bad habit of not removing makeup, as well as constantly touching your face with dirty hands, are co-factors that promote the appearance of blackheads.
- Hereditary factor: Some people have a greater biological predisposition to suffer from skin blemishes.
- A disturbed skin protection barrier: Excessive skin cleansing with pH levels that are too aggressive and too high (alkaline or basic). Mostly caused by the use of washing gels or soaps.
- No or inadequate skin care: too low a supply of moisturizers or natural lipids. A lack of skin care can cause the skin to dehydrate, dry out and try to counteract this with increased oil production to protect itself.
- Extremer Stress: Elevated levels of the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline promote inflammatory processes in the body.
- Environmental conditions can also have a great influence on the occurrence of acne. One example is summer, when you sweat more than usual in high temperatures. The pores tend to clog under these conditions, which promotes the appearance of blackheads.
NOTE: In acne-sensitive skin, aggravation is often caused by a well-intentioned "solution". We are talking about overly aggressive skin cleansing that overly irritates and unbalances the skin's protective barrier.
Our article about the consequences excessive skin care , can help you get a better overview of this sometimes very complex topic.
Even if your skin is giving you trouble right now, know that it is possible to bring your skin back into balance. There are essential steps to regulate your skin's barrier function and manage excessive sebum production.
In the following, we present the essential care steps and a selection of products from our care line, which are particularly suitable for your skin type.
Gentle and effective care for impure skin
A skin-friendly and effective routine should focus on the essentials. Acne-prone skin in particular benefits from a routine without fragrances, skin-friendly pH levels and a balanced supply of moisture and the right lipids.
- A mild cleaning to remove excess sebum, makeup, dirt, sweat and sunscreen without degreasing the skin. The cleansing of your skin should be thorough but not damaging to the skin's protective barrier.
- Regulating care with active ingredients that balance sebum production can be used directly after cleansing. Niacinamide (nicotinamide) is one of the most proven active ingredients for this task.
- A solid moisture supply is essential for every skin type. Intensive moisturizers help the skin to remain functional at cellular level, while ensuring that the skin cell remains plump and hydrated.
- Protection and care for impure skin is the point where most fall into doubt. Here it is important to choose the necessary but right lipids. Light non-comedogenic oils in minimal quantities, sufficiently protect against transepidermal water loss without clogging the pores.
At CRAFT & CARE we have a range of products that are suitable for every skin type in different combinations. Our LIPID GLORY skin care consists of mild and effective products. All raw materials used are from controlled organic cultivation or are obtained in an ecologically responsible manner. The skincare line is designed to regenerate your protective barrier, moisturize it and keep it supple with plant lipids. Thus, comprehensive care for more well-being in your skin is within reach.
All of the following LIPID GLORY products are essential and effective building blocks of a morning and evening skincare routine for blemished skin.
Our Clay based cleansing balm refreshes the skin without excessively degreasing it. It is a mild cleanser based on white clay, organic oils and and very mild emulsifiers. The Cleansing Balm intensively moisturizes, cleanses thoroughly and creates a hydrated pleasant feeling.
Your skin is absolutely clean, soft and supple after cleansing with this skin-friendly cleansing balm and not at all dry or degreased. A further cleansing step, e.g. a "Double Cleanse" is not necessary. The Clay Cleanser reliably removes dirt, makeup, sunscreen, sebum and sweat in an extremely gentle way.
Our balm is ideal for acne-prone skin, as it does not irritate the skin, does not unnecessarily attack the skin's protective barrier and yet thoroughly frees it from the day's accumulations.
TIPS FOR THE USE OF OUR CLEANSING BALM
- Our Clay Cleansing Balm is very economical to use because it is formulated like a rich balm concentrate.
- A small amount is enough to clean the whole face and neck. You can melt it and massage the face or directly make a balmy cleansing milk with a few drops of water.
- The balm reacts immediately with a little water to form an emulsion (cream, fluid, lotion) that is even easier to apply and massage onto dry facial skin.
- The Clay Cleanser can be washed off with lukewarm water without leaving any residue.
Our Hydrating Serum is oil-free and purely water-based. It is absorbed very quickly, does not stick and does not roll off. It leaves a pleasantly moist and light feeling on your skin.
Our moisturizing serum is formulated with high-quality ingredients that bind and retain water. Since it is oil-free and has a comedogenicity of 0, it is an ideal moisturizer for oily skin.
The ingredients of the Hydrating Serum have an antimicrobial effect on the skin and at the same time strengthen the skin's protective barrier by providing intense hydration. Hyaluronic acid (low and high molecular weight), glycerin, pentylene glycol and glyceryl caprylate work together to soothe, intensely moisturize and reduce inflammation.
A very light, oil-free and regulating toner is our Balancing Toner . It has the function of refreshing, regulating, moisturizing and balancing the ph of your skin.
The contained niacinamide strengthens your skin barrier, counteracts impurities, cleanses pores and prevents moisture loss. Using our balancing toner can help you rebalance your oily skin.
Our Balancing Toner contains no hyaluronic acid, but also the combination of glycerin, pentylene glycol and glyceryl caprylate. Further beneficial active ingredients are provided by the contained Aloe Vera Juice Powder from controlled organic cultivation. The toner also refreshes in between and leaves the skin feeling hydrated.
Protection and light care with suitable lipids
Night & day oil set
Das Night oil and the Day oil are intensively nourishing oil serums made from organic plant oils that soften your skin and protect and regenerate it with their valuable ingredients. The oil serums have a moisture-retaining effect, strengthen the lipid barrier and prevent your skin from prematurely losing moisture and releasing it into the environment.
Due to the composition of the individual organic vegetable oils, each has a comedogenicity level of 1-2. The fatty acid spectrum of the oils promotes the elasticity of the skin and regulates sebum production. All this makes our day and night oil an ideal care for acne-prone skin.
Light day oil
The included Organic jojoba oil is particularly distinguished for its beneficial properties for oily and blemished skin. This makes it an ideal care for acne-prone skin and susceptibility to pimples and blackheads.
The composition consists of photostable oils, all of which are quickly absorbed. The vegetable oils from controlled organic cultivation are rich in vitamins, important fatty acids and antioxidants, which have a nourishing effect and protect the skin from environmental influences.
Regenerative night oil
Night Oil is a light oil serum that has a moisturizing effect and cell regenerating properties. It leaves the skin soft and supple. The rich oils have a high content of vitamins, antioxidants and secondary plant substances. This protect the skin from environmental influences and stimulate the renewal of skin cells.
The night oil is also suitable for blemished skin prone to acne or pimples. It is only slightly comedogenic, keeps moisture sufficiently in the skin and leaves the skin feeling soft.
Tips for the order of products in your routine
Cleanse and tone:
- Start your grooming routine with the Cleansing balm . Take a small amount between the palms of your clean hands, bring the balm to melt and massage your skin with gentle movements, take your time for this step. Add one or two drops of water directly when melting or keep adding a little moisture during the massage. When kOntakt with water creates a rich and cleansing milk
- Take the resulting cleansing milk with lukewarm water and then gently dry your face. It is best to pat your skin dry with a clean towel without rubbing. A mild cleansing will make your skin ready for the application of regulating and hydrating products.
- Always apply your moisturizers starting with the most watery form. This means, for example, that you first apply a very watery toner and then a light gel serum.
Protection and care
Oils, balms or creams are ideally applied to a previously hydrated skin. Liids are then simply absorbed better, leaving the skin feeling rather supple and appearing less greasy or build-up. To apply them, follow the steps below:
- Apply a few drops of the oil onto the prepared, moistened skin; this allows the oil to be better massaged in.
- Or mix your individual emulsion. Our LIPID GLORY oil serums and balms can be mixed with the Hydrating Serum to create an emulsion according to your needs. Put a few drops of the oil and one or two pumps of the Hydrating Serum in the palm of your hand and mix with your fingers. Voila, a light fluid that is quickly absorbed is created.
- Gently apply the oil or emulsion to your skin with light massaging motions to facilitate absorption. A gentle massage stimulates the blood circulation in your face.
There are numerous and even simple ways to achieve more well-being in your skin with a holistic approach. Have patience and gratitude with your skin, it does a lot of extraordinary work for you and only shows you with its symptoms when something is not in harmony.