"Normal skin" refers to a balanced skin condition. The skin's protective barrier and functioning are intact. Usually the T-zone (forehead, chin and nose) is a little oily, but overall sebum and moisture are balanced and the skin is neither too oily nor too dry.
Normal skin is also characterized by a certain resilience and rarely reacts sensitively to external influences or to minor nutritional sins.
If you find yourself in this short description, you probably have normal skin that is in balance. Read on as we explain a little more about the term "normal skin type", holistic skin care, measures against premature aging and an essential skin care routine.
What constitutes "normal" skin?
The phrase "normal skin type" is ubiquitous in the world of skin care: on product packaging and instructions, in articles with skin care tips.
Since "normal" is a subjective word and not a descriptive one like dry or oily, you have to ask yourself: what is "normal" skin anyway? Are breakouts or dry patches not "normal"? If not, does anyone really have "normal" skin? And either way, does this skin type perhaps deserve a new designation? Balanced skin would fit very well, in our opinion.
When brands market their products for "normal" skin types, they usually target people who meet a few specific (ideal) criteria:
- Fine, barely visible pores
- A good blood circulation with a fresh, rosy complexion
- Normal skin has a balanced ratio of fat and water
- A predominantly velvety, soft and smooth textu
- Hardly any sensitivity or irritation
- Rare redness or irritation
- Little to no skin blemishes
- A balanced moisture content
- Neither too oily nor too dry skin areas
- Good wound healing
However, it is important to know that blemishes and dry patches are possible in all skin types and are not an abnormal experience. There are numerous factors or acute triggers that can lead to temporary "breakouts" or eczema.
As people with normal skin get older, their skin can become drier. Learn more under mature or dry skin.
Since a balanced oil-to-water ratio is the ultimate goal of all skin types, consider yourself lucky if you belong to the category where your skin naturally produces the ideal amount of oil. The normal skin type, however, is not that common or just tends to show tendencies towards other skin types.
The bottom line is this: If you want to improve your skin health, it's best to get a diagnosis from a qualified dermatologist to determine your individual needs.
The term "normal" is simply not targeted or detailed enough and therefore not necessarily helpful. We do not want to evaluate genetic or environmental skin types with terms like normal or abnormal.
Holistic skin care for long-term healthy and balanced skin
The philosophy of CRAFT & CARE is dedicated to holistic skin care. Holistic skin care pays attention not only to external care through cosmetics, but also to internal care: meditation and relaxation, wholesome nutrition and enough exercise in the fresh air.
And also the inner attitude is considered. It is learnable to have more patience with your own skin, to be grateful and to accept yourself without comparing yourself. And CRAFT & CARE is about exactly that: bringing together all facets to feel good in your skin.
No matter what skin type you have, with the tips for everyday life, you can already do a lot for a balanced and healthy skin. The 10 basic rules of skin care:
- Protect your skin from sun radiation every day
- Apply self-tanner instead of tanning in the sun
- Make sure you eat a healthy, balanced diet in balance
- Drink enough water.
- Move regularly for a buoyant metabolism
- Clean your skin as gently as possible
- Remove makeup every night with a mild cleanser
- Provide your skin with moisturizers and protective skin care daily
- Practice patience and gratitude with your skin and do not overdo it with care
- Meditate regularly to regulate your stress levels.
Meditation is an important component to support your skin. Regular relaxation can help regulate the body's inflammatory processes and initiate regenerative processes. In our article about Meditation as part of a holistic skin care routinee, you will learn more about the background and benefits of relaxation for your skin.
Causes of premature aging of the skin
Years of sunbathing or spending long periods of time in the sun can lead to wrinkles, dryness, age spots and even cancer, even on normal skin. But there are things you can do, or not do, to protect your skin and make it feel and look better in the long run.
Habits that unintentionally accelerate the aging process of your skin include.
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Sugary diet
- Unprotected stay in the sun
- Insufficient skin care
- Stress and hectic lifestyle
All these things are not good for your body and therefore not good for your skin. In our article about "the effect of UV radiation on our organism"you can learn more about this topic.
Essential skin care routine for normal skin
We stand for a holistic concept and show you here products that mildly effectively help your skin to stay in balance, but also point out the other pillars for a holistic skin health.
In the following, we present the essential care steps and a selection of products from our care line. Just like all skin types, balanced skin needs essential care steps and products to continue to be supported in its functionality. These include mild and thorough cleansing, regulating and moisturizing active ingredients, protection and care.
Opt for gentle products that hydrate your skin, provide nourishing lipids and leave it feeling light.
Care steps of a mild and effective routine for morning and evening:
- A mild cleaningto remove excess sebum, makeup, dirt, sweat and sunscreen without degreasing the skin. The cleansing of your skin should be thorough but not damaging to the skin's protective barrier.
- Regulating care with active ingredients that balance sebum production can be used directly after cleansing. Niacinamide (nicotinamide) is one of the most proven active ingredients for this task.
- A solid moisture supply is essential for every skin type. Intensive moisturizers help the skin to remain functional at cellular level, while ensuring that the skin cell remains plump and hydrated.
- Protection and care for your sensitive skin should be mild and very compatible. Organic vegetable oils provide sufficient protection against transepidermal water loss thanks to a breathable lipid film. At the same time, the skin is supplied with protective, softening and nourishing fatty acids.
At CRAFT & CARE we have a range of products that are suitable for every skin type in different combinations. Our LIPID GLORY skin care consists of mild and effective products. All raw materials used are from controlled organic cultivation or are obtained in an ecologically responsible way. The skincare line is designed to regenerate your protective barrier, moisturize it and keep it supple with plant lipids. Thus, comprehensive care for more well-being in your skin is within reach.
All of the following LIPID GLORY products are essential and effective building blocks of a morning and evening skincare routine for mature skin:
The gentle LIPID GLORY Clay Cleanser is based on organic safflower and coconut oil, white clay and very mild emulsifiers. Cleansing Balm intensively moisturizes, cleanses thoroughly and creates a hydrated pleasant feeling. Your skin is absolutely clean, soft and supple after cleansing with this skin-friendly cleansing balm and not at all dry or degreased. A further cleansing step, e.g. a "Double Cleanse" is not necessary. The Clay Cleanser reliably removes dirt, makeup, sunscreen, sebum and sweat in an extremely gentle way.
Our balm is suitable for all skin types, as it does not irritate the skin, does not unnecessarily attack the skin's protective barrier and yet thoroughly frees it from the day's accumulations.
- White clay: White kaolin clay has a regulating effect on the sebum production of the skin and has gentle cleansing properties. It is a natural source of minerals and antioxidants and has a soothing effect. White clay is excellent also for sensitive and irritated skin.
- Coconut oil: Moisturizes, refreshes and stimulates skin regeneration. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Decylglucosid: A surfactant that helps the gentle emulsifiers it contains to emulsify oils and water into a cleansing milk. Decyl glucoside is very mild and compatible.
TIPS FOR THE USE OF OUR CLEANSING BALM
- Our Clay Cleansing Balm is very economical to use because it is formulated like a rich balm concentrate.
- A small amount is enough to clean the whole face and neck. You can melt it and massage the face or directly make a balmy cleansing milk with a few drops of water.
- The balm reacts immediately with a little water to form an emulsion (cream, fluid, lotion) that is even easier to apply and massage onto dry facial skin.
- The Clay Cleanser can be washed off with lukewarm water without leaving any residue.
Der Balancing Toner moisturizes and regulates the pH of your skin. It is very light, oil-free and absorbs immediately. It provides mild care, is very compatible and is suitable for all skin types. Formulated with intensely moisturizing and effective active ingredients, the toner protects with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, leaving the skin soft and supple.
The contained niacinamide (water-soluble vitamin B3) strengthens your skin barrier, counteracts impurities, cleanses pores and prevents moisture loss. Niacinamide is a multi-talent in skin care. It is hydrating, prevents impurities and moisture loss, tightens pores and minimizes fine lines. At the same time, niacinamide boosts the skin's own collagen and ceramide production and thus supports the natural functioning of the skin's protective barrier.
With an application concentration of 2% niacinamide, the toner is ideally suited for daily use, in the morning as well as in the evening. Even if no product with niacinamide has been used before, the mild concentration is a gentle introduction to this versatile ingredient.
The Balancing Toner also contains the moisturizing ingredients Aloe Vera Juice Powder, Pentylene Glycol and Glycerin.
Our Hydrating Serum is oil-free and purely water-based. It is absorbed very quickly, does not stick and does not roll off. It leaves a pleasantly moist and light feeling on your skin.
Our moisturizing serum is formulated with high-quality ingredients that bind and retain water. They strengthen the protective barrier and moisturize deeply:
- Glycerin: Glycerin is an intensively hydrating active ingredient and binds many times more water to itself. It is a skin-own component of the acid mantle very well tolerated. Glycerin acts as a penetration promoter and thus helps moisture to be transported into the skin. Depending on the dosage, glycerin provides intensive moisture without leaving a sticky feeling on the skin. Glycerin soothes irritations, strengthens the skin barrier and protects against external environmental influences.
- Hyaluronic acidHydrating Serum contains 0.3% low molecular weight hyaluronic acid and 0.25% high molecular weight hyaluronic acid. This concentration of active ingredients is ideal for daily use and is sufficiently effective. Too high a concentration can have a counterproductive effect, as hyaluronic acid can bind many times more water to itself and attracts moisture at all costs. If there is too much hyaluronic acid in a care product, there is a risk that the hyaluronic acid molecules will help themselves to the water reservoirs in the skin and not to the water already contained in the product or available in the ambient air.
- Pentylene Glycol: Pentylene glycol is an ingredient with multifunctional properties. In the product and on the skin, it prevents the formation and growth of microbial organisms, such as germs, bacteria and yeasts. It is well-founded as a preservative and at the same time can increase the effectiveness of other active ingredients. As a polyhydric alcohol, Pentylene Glycol can bind water to itself, thus ensuring the transport of moisture into the skin and providing intense hydration. This is not a classic alcohol molecule, but a bivalent alcohol, also called a diol. Even with high doses of this active ingredient, there is no dehydration of the skin, but a reliable supply of sufficient moisture.
If you prepare the skin with a light moisturizing serum, the ingredients of other products such as oils and balms can penetrate more easily.
Rich lipids that make your skin more elastic and stimulate regeneration
Pure Organic Oils & Oil Serums
After moisturizing, you can use one of our LIPID GLORY skin care oils apply to provide additional care for the skin.
A plant-based skin care oil that is suitable for your skin type is an ideal foundation, whether for your morning or evening routine. Transepidermal water loss can be regulated by creating a protective and breathable film through the lipids on the skin's surface. Most oils, when used sparingly and combined with moisture, are absorbed relatively quickly. Vegetable oils are rich in nourishing secondary plant substances, antioxidants and vitamins, which protect against the formation of free radicals caused by environmental influences.
Check out our LIPID GLORY Öle an. Each pure organic oil or our oil serums Day & Night Oil, have different care properties and benefits for all skin types.
Balms that nourish and regenerate
Our balms are made of natural ingredients that gently nourish the skin by their composition. Our balms offer great benefits: they nourish, soften and protect the skin from water loss. All ingredients used are from organic farming.
We recommend our Soft Balm to revitalize dry skin. It consists of only 5 compatible and rich ingredients:
- Beeswax: Dermoprotective and natural moisturizer for the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
- Cocoa butter: Regenerates, moisturizes and soothes. Protects against free radicals and is rich in antioxidants.
- Coconut and almond oil: Organically grown plant oils rich in nutrients, moisturizing, regenerating and soothing.
For mild irritations, our gentle balm soothes small wounds or cracks caused by dryness or dehydration.
To deeply nourish stressed skin, we also recommend our Glory Balm with ingredients from controlled organic cultivation.
This balm contains cell-regenerating care oils, organic beeswax and softening cocoa butter. It protects the skin from environmental influences and moisture loss.
- Pomegranate seed oil: Skin regenerating vegetable oil, rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory. Increases skin elasticity and is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Wild Rose Oil: Strengthens the skin barrier, stimulates cell regeneration and is very well tolerated. Moisturizes and protects against free radicals.
- Other ingredients: Beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut oil, almond, argan and macadamia nut oil.
Especially as day care, the balm unfolds its perfect properties as a makeup base or protective care. This balm can be applied well under sun protection products, especially for dry skin. But also as night care, it makes the skin supple and provides that certain glow the next day.
The intensive balm preserves and protects the natural protective skin barrier through the contained organic vegetable oils and organic beeswax. At the same time, the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals help the skin to regenerate and protect itself from environmental influences. This balm for the face makes the skin supple and promotes skin elasticity.
Tips for the order of products in your routine
1. cleanse and tone:
- Start your skin care routine with the cleansing balm. Take a small amount between the palms of your clean hands, melt the balm and massage your skin with gentle movements, take your time for this step. Add one or two drops of water directly as it melts, or keep adding moisture throughout the massage. On contact with water creates a rich and cleansing milk
- Take the resulting cleansing milk with lukewarm water and then gently dry your face. It is best to pat your skin dry with a clean towel without rubbing. A mild cleansing will make your skin ready for the application of regulating and hydrating products.
- Always apply your moisturizers starting with the most watery form. This means, for example, that you first apply a very watery toner and then a light gel serum.
2. protection and care
Oils, balms or creams are ideally applied to a previously hydrated skin. Lipids are then simply absorbed better, leaving the skin feeling rather supple and appearing less greasy or build-up. To apply them, follow the steps below:
- Apply a few drops of the oil onto the prepared, moistened skin; this allows the oil to be better massaged in.
- Or mix your individual emulsion. Our LIPID GLORY oil serums and balms can be mixed with the Hydrating Serum to create an emulsion according to your needs. Put a few drops of the oil and one or two pumps of the Hydrating Serum in the palm of your hand and mix with your fingers. Voila, a light fluid that is quickly absorbed is created.
- Gently apply the oil or emulsion to your skin with light massaging motions to facilitate absorption. A gentle massage stimulates the blood circulation in your face.
Our products are ideal for regulating sensitive skin. Your skin is gently cleansed and sufficiently supplied with moisture and lipids.
Holistic skin care for balanced skin
We believe in holistic skin care for the well-being of your skin and your relationship with it. With a mild and effective care, a healthy diet, relaxation and sufficient exercise, you can support your skin to stay balanced and healthy in the long term.
We wish you a lot of well-being and patience with your skin care.