The use of argan oil in your skin care routine
Argan oil is a proven botanical skin care oil and is used in a variety of skin care routines.
This particular beauty oil has many protective, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is known for its content of squalene, carotenes, vitamin E and its beneficial fatty acid spectrum. It is sold as pure oil, used for external application, ingested or mixed into various cosmetic products such as creams, conditioners, soaps and shampoos. As a skin care product, it is suitable for all skin types and is very well tolerated.
It is worth learning more about argan oil for the skin. What was once an edible oil has now become a versatile oil. A gentle, slightly sour and nutty taste, among other things, indicates high quality.
Further positive properties and benefits of argan oil are described below.
What is argan oil?
Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of the Moroccan argan tree, also known by its other name, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil or "Tree of Life".
It was introduced as an ingredient in cosmetics in 2003 and quickly gained popularity thanks to its numerous benefits. The most widely used version is a 100% pure oil used as a soothing and moisturizing ingredient. It is important to pay attention to high quality, because only argan oil from organic farming is guaranteed to be free of pesticides and pollutants. Through the cold-pressed extraction, all the positive properties of the oil for the skin can be preserved from the outside and inside. The nuts of the argan tree serve as a rich nutrient bomb and contain many different fatty acids, fiber, phytosterols, vitamins and minerals. Accordingly, it is no wonder that cold-pressed and gentle extraction is the guarantor of the many health benefits of argan oil for the skin. Refined oil, on the other hand, is heated and chemically treated and thus loses the typical pleasant fragrance and many important components.
As for possible side effects, there is hardly anything negative that can be said about argan oil. It is useful as a versatile skin care oil and safe to use for all skin types. Since it is non-comedogenic (comedogenicity level of 0), it is also suitable for oily and blemished skin.
In case of allergy to nuts, it is recommended to perform a patch test before use. Apply a small amount of oil, e.g. to a spot on the forearm, and wait to see if redness or wheals appear after a few hours. If there is no reaction, the oil can be used without hesitation.
What are the benefits of argan oil for the skin?
It's no surprise that argan oil for skin is an essential ingredient in many favorite skin care products. It holds many benefits for skin, hair and nails!
- First, argan oil can form a light breathable film on the skin that provides some protection against transepidermal water loss.
- Thanks to its sebum-reducing properties, the skin is hydrated without being overly oily. In addition, the vitamin E content helps the skin retain water.
- The application of argan oil provides a well-groomed and beautiful skin, helps to diminish dark spots and improves the elasticity of the skin.
- It also helps repair the skin barrier, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Can help with blemished skin
- Blemishes are often associated with excess sebum, which can be reduced thanks to the oil and linoleic acids found in argan oil. It also helps to reduce redness and moisturize the skin.
- Some treatments for blemished skin leave only dry and rough skin. Argan oil can help alleviate the side effects of these treatment products.
Has an antioxidant effect against free radicals
- Protect your skin cells from free radical damage. Argan oil is known to contain antioxidants, and in addition to vitamin E, it also contains polyphenols. These help the skin to better protect itself from the environmental factors and their consequences.
- It contains high levels of tocopherols, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory ingredients, triterpenoids and sterols.
The general benefits of argan oil at a glance:
Due to its emollient properties, argan oil softens, conditions and protects the skin from environmental aggressors.
- Argan oil contains cell regenerating ingredients, fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants. These have a cell-regenerating effect and thus help to give the complexion new radiance and even out the skin tone. The so-called glow effect can be supported by oils that have a positive effect on the skin's ability to regenerate. In the long term, the appearance of fine lines, enlarged pores and pimple marks will be reduced.
- These regenerative properties of the oil make it an ideal care component for mature and dry skin. It protects against dehydration and environmental influences, while providing the skin with intensive moisture and softening fatty acids.
- Argan oil has antimicrobial properties and can regulate the natural sebum production of the skin. It has an anti-inflammatory effect and can therefore also help with oily and blemished skin. Pimples can be prevented or can heal faster.
- High-quality and pure argan oil is not comedogenic and is therefore especially popular in the care routine, integrated for acne and pimple-prone skin.
- Organic argan oil has a high content of vitamin E, which protects the skin as one of the strongest antioxidants, against environmental influences. At the same time, it can help the skin recover from the damage caused by sun exposure.
- Scars and stretch marks can be alleviated by argan oil as it stimulates the skin cells to divide. Almond oil can also be used regularly to prevent scars or stretch marks.
- Argan oil protects the skin from transepidermal water loss, as it provides the skin with important lipids and puts a kind of protective and breathable film on the skin.
Organic Argan Oil from CRAFT & CARE
Our LIPID GLORY organic Argan Oil belongs to our line of pure skin and hair care oils. Used for the skin, it is suitable for all skin types and is very well tolerated. As is true for all skin care oils, this oil is best absorbed when the skin is still very slightly moist.
The light texture of the oil also makes it a conditioning hair oil for all hair types. To do this, a few drops of the oil are added to the still damp hair, distributed and then styled as usual. It provides smoothness, shine and protection. You can find out more about the benefits of argan oil for your hair in our article "Hair care with argan oil - the liquid gold from Morocco".